9.25.2016

Machine Quilting: Aqua Table Topper

It's finally here! The last of the aqua-y blue and grey quilts Bobette made. You can see the other quilts here, here, and here.
 This quilt was small and was a bonus made from the scraps from the other quilts.
 Trying to keep the designs similar to the other quilts, I created the same jellybean shapes as in this quilt and kept the feathers going as the tying element to all the quilts.
 This quilt was fast and fun to do!
It was hard to get all of the quilting to show up with the different angles and such, but here it is! A fun little table topper to finish off the room of quilts.

Well, there you have it. Five quilts, four different patterns, and a ton of feathers in the process. It was a fun challenge to make each quilt unique yet work with the other quilts like a little collection. It's not a challenge that I've come across before and may not again for a while, but that's the fun part of this job - I never know what will show up at my door and when. It keeps my brain challenged and keeps me on my toes. It's hard to get bored with a job like this!

Stay tuned for more quilts and I will attempt to have a Confessions post up for you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...