1.12.2015

Machine Quilting: A Super Sampler

I got an email from Maryellen one day about sending me a sampler quilt that she had started long ago. Well, she sent it off and it was quite deceiving from the photos to the actual quilt how large it truly was, but that didn't matter. It was gorgeous anyway and the larger blocks let some piecing details and fabric choices shine where they wouldn't be able to in a smaller form.
 If I'm not mistaken, I think each block was around 17"... I can't honestly remember, but each block was different. Sampler quilts like this one are so much fun to quilt because I have to plan and think and be innovative to make each block as good as it can be, but also make the designs work well together.
 Here are a couple of my favorite blocks...


 With the wide array of fabrics used, we opted to use a tan thread to "play nice" in the variety of light and dark prints, but it really showed up well on the back too and almost made the back like a wholecloth sampler.
 Some blocks were hard to see the quilting details from the front due to the patterns and designs, but they looked amazing from the back too.
This quilt was quite and adventure and I had so much fun quilting it. I actually will be back tomorrow showing off another sampler style quilt that I did recently, so come on back for that one. I have so many pictures to show now that the mad rush for holiday quilts and Farmpark quilts is over. Plus, this snow stuff is forcing me to stay home at times which I kinda like :)

Anyway, I wanted to thank Maryellen for sending me this quilt and allowing me to play on it and live vicariously through her piecing (oh, I forgot to mention, this was all hand pieced and I am in awe of her work)... That's one of the best parts of my job... I don't have the time, energy, stash, or money to make every quilt and try every technique that I'd like, but I get to play with these quilts for a small time frame and it's kinda the same thing... Atleast to me it is... Maryellen, I loved this quilt and I hope you're enjoying it!!! Now is the perfect time to show a new quilt some love! I may just make myself a cup of tea and snuggle under one of my quilts for a little bit this afternoon. I already cleaned the drive, so it should be good for awhile, I hope...

If you are interested in my quilting services, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at rubybluequilts (at) gmail (dot) com or check the Machine Quilting Information page here on my blog for more information. Be back tomorrow with another quilt to share!

2 comments:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca - I can't thank you enough for the amazing job you did on my sampler! Your creativity, attention to detail and hard work made this 'old' quilt shine. My husband and I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...