1.10.2015

We ran away...

And it was wonderful! Ben and I kidnapped each other and ran away over Thanksgiving. We headed down to Florida and spent some time at Disney World!
 We stayed near Downtown Disney and found ourselves walking around the restaurants and shops almost everyday. I probably walked past this gorgeous tree a dozen times before I realized that it was covered in empty spools for the garland... I think I have an idea for next year!!!
 Ben and I had so much fun exploring all of the parks and enjoying the food (especially in France where I took this picture at Epcot) and I miss getting to spend all day with him... But it was a great time and I can't wait until he gets home from work (it must be this snow and icky weather that's making me sappy... I can't help but worry when he has to be out in this junk)
 Many of the parks were decorated for Christmas and this was one of the most gorgeous trees I've ever seen! It was right at the entrance to the World Showcase at Epcot and it was soooo tall. It had to be 75 feet tall or better. What you can't see are the sparkling lights that reminded both Ben and I of the Eiffel Tower from out trips to Paris. It was gorgeous but it made the trip weird and here's why...

I live in Northeast Ohio. I have all of my life. Right smack dab in the middle of the snow belt. However I saw Christmas trees surrounded by palm trees. And it was warm... And sunny... It did help put my into the holiday spirit, but it was strange. It felt surreal I guess.
We spent most of our time either at the parks or Downtown Disney and even though it was just the two of us, no kids in tow, it was fun! What we probably did more than anything was walk. I wish I had my Fitbit for this trip, but I do miss the walking. It was gradual enough that we covered a ton of ground, but didn't really feel sore until the super end of the day. Then coming home to winter and snow and ice has made us get creative to get moving as much. Our elliptical is getting a good workout as long as it holds out (it's dying a slow painful death and we need to replace it), but we're still moving which I'm proud on because it's so easy to be lazy and sit on the couch this time of year.

Well, that was our trip. Now it's back to reality. And winter. And snow... I'm trying not to complain, but I wish it was a bit warmer... That's all.

Have a great weekend!

-Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...