12.05.2014

Machine Quilting: Large Flowers

When Bobette dropped this quilt off, I thought I was on candid camera. It had to be a joke...
 You see... Bobette does primitive cozy quilts. Not batiks... Not brights... Not large flowers. It honestly stumped me on how to quilt this since it was out of her normal box. I wasn't exactly sure on how to tackle it so I consulted a friend and luckily we were both on the same page so I got to work.

It just took a bit... I honestly loaded the quilt and sat there for a couple hours staring at it trying to come up with a game plan. Well, once I got going, I was on a roll!
 This is probably one of the most modern impromtu style quilts that has strolled across my machine. And to match it's personality, this is probably one of the most modern quilting designs to spring from my fingertips.
 Each of the flowers were outlined and filled in with lines in the petals and pebbles for the center. Then the background was filled with swirls to be a texture and an opposing design to the flowers.
 It really turned out quite striking!
I love how this one looked from the back. This fabric had a very minimal print to it so it read more as a solid and with contrasting yellow thread, it looked amazing!!! I think all in all, it was a success all around.

This was definitely one of those times where I wish I had a secret camera to get Bobette's reaction when she saw the quilt for the first time! It was priceless!

Thank you, Bobette! As always, it was a pleasure to work on your quilt!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you deliberately avoided SID, sort of split the difference in spacing and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...