10.21.2014

Scrappy Plus Quilt Tutorial

Sorry for the delay on this one, but here it is and I'm super excited about it. This quilt was a blast to quilt and was soooo much fun to plan and play with, it came out even better than I could have imagined!
 Now if you remember, this wasn't the original layout. Originally it looked more like this:

It was okay... but I wasn't sold. Then I got this crazy idea to fade the colors and it just clicked. I had to cut out a few more pieces to make the fabrics work well (especially around the edges) but it was soooo worth it.

Also, I have a mini version that is complete and quilted and bound, but I just need a good sunny day to take pictures. And well, it's Fall in Ohio and once I finished the quilt and hung it on the wall in my sewing room, no sun when I'm at home, at all. Just dreary rainy days and darkness. So stay tuned for another tutorial for the mini coming up soon too.
I made this quilt super scrappy and used a different fabric for EACH plus and I wouldn't have it any other way. So with that in mind, the printable pdf (below) has instructions on how many of each shape to cut, NOT yardage requirements.

If that scares you, don't fret. This would work great with fat quarters you have set aside or it would be an awesome opportunity for a swap with friends. Either way you decide to tackle this quilt, just remember to have fun! It took me longer to lay out this quilt than it did to sew it together, and if you're super crazy like me, you can add in a scrappy binding too. I stayed up waaaayyyyy too late working on the binding, but it's perfect.

Here is the link to the printable pdf file, just click here. Now, this is my first time using a printable pdf file, so I'm crossing my fingers and hope it works, let me know if it doesn't...

Alas, in the printable pdf, you'll find cutting instructions and tips on how to lay out the top and stay organized. As always, if you make this quilt, please take a picture and share it with me. You can always e-mail me at rubybluequilts (at) gmail (dot) com or find me on Instagram at rubybluequilts.

I can't wait to see what you create and I will hopefully be able to post the mini tutorial soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!! Looks great and you definitely need a design wall with this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to make this one.
    It will be hard to find a space that nobody walks to lay it out!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...