10.01.2013

Chautauqua Weekend

I just spent my first weekend at the Quilts Around Chautauqua Show held at the Chautauqua Institute in New York. It's an amazing area and the scenery was gorgeous. 
Like this view from our booth for the weekend. Occasionally I would find myself staring out the window rather than focusing on the people in the booth. But then they'd see the view and we were all staring out the window. :)
Sunday I got a chance to visit some of the other buildings (this show is in several small buildings spread across the Institute grounds) and I heard one building in particular would be a good one for me to visit. When I walked in I saw a version of Aura from my book, Seamingly Scrappy, hanging in the distance. 
Isn't it pretty? I love the fabrics! But this was just a small taste of what this building had in store. 
Traveling further into the building I found this!!! One of the local guilds made Aura into a queen size and chose it for their raffle quilt for this year! I was tickled pink and still smile just thinking about it. 
And I know it may sound weird to purchase raffle tickets for a quilt I designed , but I wanted a ticket and I wanted to support this guild since they chose to make my design. I didn't technically "buy " the tickets, I put my Hubby's name down instead so it wasn't too weird. :) But isn't that the coolest thing ever?!

The show was amazing and I am still exhausted from all of the excitement. I met a ton of wonderful people and can't wait to do it again next year! 

1 comment:

  1. I was there, too - it was a bit overwhelming and my head is still swimming a bit from all I saw. I think these quilts were in the ONE building I didn't get to... but I had to hustle to catch the bus home. I am also looking forward to going back next year!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...