9.26.2013

Sunday's Child Quilt

When I was given the chance to play with the new Eiko line from Birch Fabrics, it was like a breath of fresh air. These fabrics are organic cottons and they have the silkiest feeling to them. They piece and press beautifully and were amazing to work with. Not only that, but fabrics covered in pond motifs and koi fish were out of my element and made me think outside of my normal box.
 This quilt is one of those simple yet effective type quilts. I had to keep that in mind when it came time to quilt it.
 I had these outrageous plans to quilt each fabric differently and blah, blah, blah... Needless to say, I reconsidered my plan and kept it simple like the rest of the quilt.
 The small sashing and border both got this small wavy line design while the rest of the quilt was done to mimic pond ripples to an extent.
I love this quilt and I hope you do too! Remember, this quilt is in the Quilt Trends Fall 2013 Issue on news stands now! Also, kits are available and you can find more information about getting one here.

Tomorrow I'm packing up and heading to the Quilts Around Chautauqua Show for the weekend. It's my first time attending and I'm super excited! If you'll be visiting the show, come on over to the Athenaeum where you'll find Mom and I (and I'll be signing books all weekend!). Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...