6.08.2013

Machine Quilting: Firetrucks

My Nana is a machine at making quilts. Not only that, but she is the best at personalizing a design and choosing just the right fabrics to make people feel special.

Many of her close friends either are, are related to, or are close friends with someone who is a Firefighter. Both of my grandparents like to help out at local fundraisers for the Fire Department and anything else they can do. What can I say, they're the sweetest people I know!
 I'm not sure who the intended recipient of this first quilt is, but I can almost bet their daddy is a Firefighter... (and yes I know it's sideways...)
 I played with the square swirls design I don't get to use too often and it worked perfectly for this quilt.
This cute little quilt is going to one Aiden Joseph. It's nice to see a simple design with just a couple colors and one focal fabric work so well together. It's simple but does have an impact. 
And Aiden's name stitched in above and below the center block are like the icing on the cake! With the softer focal fabric, I quilted plain swirls on this one and it worked out quite well.

I know Nana's working on some other quilts for gifts later this year and I'm always intrigued to see what she comes up with next!

2 comments:

  1. I like the square swirls. I'm going to have to drawing that out. It looks great on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts look great. I like the simple quilting patterns best when you want the fabric to be the star.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...