6.07.2013

Shipshewana Fabric Show

Earlier this week Mom and I traveled over to Shipshewana, IN (one of my favorite places!) to take part in the Shipshewana Fabric Show.

We travel to work this show three times a year, two of which happen to fall almost immediately after Quilt Market. This show serves as a mini-Market for those shops who either couldn't make it out to Quilt Market or made it and couldn't make up their minds on which fabrics to purchase :)

This was my little corner of the room. I had a few of the quilts hanging from my book, Seamingly Scrappy, and a whole bunch of other quilts from my patterns too!
 Each time we set up we try to do it a little different and see what we have on hand for that show. I really like how this section turned out and...
I think the rocking chair was one of my favorite aspects. It honestly just worked it's way out when I was folding up the quilts, they naturally staggered like that. I was trying not to blend similar fabrics and maybe start with bigger quilts, but the rest was just luck!
Next to my corner was the beginning of the new lines from Quilt Market. The hotel has these awesome tall backed benches that work great to show off little quilts like these. 
 Then the larger quilts start (and I apologize for the sun glare in the quilts and the bad lighting, this side of the room has the most windows and doors and depending on what Mother Nature has up her sleeve, the quilts are either lit up or not) Oh, and there's the infamous Moda Mark!
On the other side of Moda Mark was my Mom and Brian both working hard. Mom and I are so lucky to get to work these shows and do demos and whatnot a few times a year. We have a great time helping out shops and we really like helping new shops since we've been in their shoes and can give them some advice or tips.

We got home from New York early this week, then headed to Indiana and we're heading back to New York today too for another little event. And then next week I am finally looking forward to sleeping in one of these days :) I love being able to do this, but I'm starting to wonder how much caffeine one person really can handle...

I'll be back with some machine quilting and some updates from the latest trip to New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...