9.02.2012

Machine Quilting - 1930's Hunter Star

Mom has had this sample around the shop for some time now and the top was getting a bit ragged from all of the abuse. It was time to be quilted...
 It's funny, I drove to the house with a plan in mind on how to do the quilting. I had been planning this for days. I honestly don't know how or why it happened, but my plans changed once I walked in the door and I love this even more. I started with adding loops to the points of the stars and then adding feathers to the outside of the star. Then to finish it off I echo quilted around the feathers.
To fill in the area around the stars and in the borders, I added in some dense loops playing off of the loops within the stars.
I'm working on getting the binding done right now, but it will be back at Cottonpickers very very soon. Either that or you can see it at one of the various shows this Fall we'll be attending. I'm also finishing the quilting on the Civil War version of this same quilt and will show you that one too once I get more done.

To see other versions of Hunter Star quilts I've Free Motion Quilted, click here.

1 comment:

  1. WOWZA!!! Becky, you're the best! Now I really must finish my Batik Hunter Star. Fortunately, it is one of my projects that did make it all the way to Florida with the move. No excuses not to finish! Your quilting inspires! Sandy G.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...