7.03.2012

Best Coleslaw Recipe EVER!!!

A while ago my Dad thought it would be a good idea to have a fish fry, and it was wonderful! I brought coleslaw but opted to find a new recipe, something with a little jazz. I found one but didn't have all of the ingredients so I substituted a few things and it was the best I'd ever had!

Here's what you'll need:

 - This recipe works for both cabbage and broccoli slaw, grab a 16 oz bag of your favorite kind
 - 1 cup of mayo (I like to blend half mayo and half plain yogurt, it's healthier and it seems to coat the slaw better)
 - 1/2 cup granulated sugar
 - 1 tablespoon horseradish (I used horsie sauce since I didn't have the regular stuff)
 - 1 tablespoon white vinegar
 - 1/2 teaspoon celery seed or salt (whatever you have on hand)

Mix up all the ingredients except for the slaw itself. Make sure it's well mixed, then add the coleslaw to the bowl and toss to coat.

Let sit for at least an hour, stirring before serving. If you let this sit for longer than an hour, be sure to stir the mix every few hours or so.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I figured this was the perfect pre-4th of July recipe.

I wish you all a wonderful 4th of July! I'm not planning on doing much of anything, just working on quilts. Hope to have more to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...