3.06.2012

Shipshewana, IN

So, last Tuesday Mom and I hopped in the car and headed up to Shipshewana, IN for another fabric show!

I love doing these shows - you get to meet awesome people, see all the new goodies, and be around other quilty people and talk quilts all day - how cool is that?
 So I was set up in the corner there, I had my table with the new Stitchery designs...
 I also brought both of my Dueling Personalities quilts (on the bench to the left) which paired nicely with the quilt Joseph brought, made of the same collection. I made two quilts and split the line into neutrals and brights where his quilt combined them all!

Also on the table to the right we were featuring the new line by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts called Over the Rainbow (more on that later).
 Here's a shot of the back of the booth. We were still showing the Christmas and Seasonal collections, I can't wait to start making quilts with these!
 We also featured the new birthday collections found in the Moda Home department. It also happened to be the 15th anniversary of this show, so Mark had wonderful cupcakes there as well! But isn't this bunting adorable?!
 Back to that Over the Rainbow collection... Here's a shot of the Fat 8th bundle... There's 50 batiks in the line including:
 10 Neutrals and...
40 colors! Also Edyta designed a new product called Silhouettes which are laser cut applique pieces with Steam a Seam II already on the back! All you have to do is peel the paper off the back, iron them onto the fabric and stitch them down!

To learn more watch the video where Edyta explains all the details for you by clicking here.

Sorry it's taken me a while to post about Shipshewana, we got home from the show late Wednesday night and immediately turned around and had the vendor's weekend at the Lake Farmpark show. Two shows back to back! Whew! Now to get back to the grind. The show was so busy I wasn't able to take any new photos, but I may try to go out there one last time.

Today I'm off to start a quilting blitz. I have several quilts to work on and I hope to show you pictures of those as I work on them. Off to quilt, be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Wish I could have been there. The applique pieces sound great, too.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...