6.05.2011

A Little Here...

The last week has been a complete whirlwind, but a good one. I've done a little this, a little that, some here, some there. Wanna see?

So, I've mentioned before about how I wanted to put in a garden this year. Well, mission accomplished and to top it off instead of just one, I have 3!
 Hubbin and I created 3 raised beds, one a bit larger made out of Architectural Splitface Block (from job #2) and two kits purchased at a local store.
The first bed has 12 different kinds of herbs including some off-the-wall types like purple basil, lemon thyme, golden oregano... And the front row is shallots and onions. 
 This one has 7 different types of tomatoes including Mr. Stripeys, Pinks and Tomatillos...
 Last one is mostly peppers including sweets and some spicy, green and yellow beans, and a small attempt at corn. (You should see it now, we planted the corn and green beans a week ago when we built these and the corn is already a few inches tall!)

There's also my lilies that seemed to grow over a foot in a few days and we have a window box with ever-blooming strawberries and carrots. I can't wait to start canning!
 And now onto my trip to Shipshewana. I was so busy once again buying fabric at Lolly's in the Davis Mercantile that all I remembered to get a picture of was the huge tree in the center of the building. It doesn't look like it here but this goes all the way from the basement to the roof above the third floor and is probably close to 3 feet wide at least if not closer to 4 feet wide. I promise to show you what I bought soon, I'm soooo excited about it.
 Here's where I was for a couple days, setting up, then working the show itself and tearing down. My spot was in the corner back there. We line all the latest and greatest quilts of upcoming fabrics up along the walls. It was really sunny all day so that's why some of the quilts look like they're glowing, there's huge windows all along the one wall.
 Lynne Hagmeier from Kansas Troubles Quilts was at the show with us (what a doll!) And Sandy Klop from American Jane was in the area for a nephew's wedding and decided to stop by! It was such a pleasant surprise!!!

Lynne and Lois (Lynne's Assistant) were so fun to hang out with and their quilts are gorgeous!!! If you love Fall, you have to check out her new line Cattails and Clover - it's wonderful!
 Here was my little corner of the booth... some Moda Bake Shop projects, the newest patterns and Stars All Around from American Patchwork & Quilting's June 2011 Issue (only on newsstand copies).
 Lynne's Booth was full of treasures just unpacked from Spring Market.
And I got to see a quilt (a whole quilt) out of Ruby by Bonnie and Camille! It's even better than I thought it'd be!!! Once again sorry for the bad picture, I should have snuck into the Conference Center after Dark, but I was busy watching the Voice - alright, who else loves the Voice?

So basically that was my week in a nutshell. Lots of fun, I got to meet several wonderful shop owners - some familiar and some new. As mentioned before, Lynne and Lois from Kansas Troubles were so much fun to hang out with. And my garden is in and thriving!!! Simple pleasures, but that's all it takes some days.

So tell me, what did you think? Also, I'm trying my best and it's only been a week but my garden is still going strong... That may change. Do you have any gardening tips for me? I'm planning on making tons of recipes and canning what I can this year for the winter months. Wish me luck.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and a good week this week. I'll show you what I got in Indiana this week and show off some other little tidbits later on! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...