5.20.2011

Like a marathon...

Did I mention before that I should have 2 new patterns out very very soon? Yep, you got that right, 2 new patterns. It's been a week or so of marathon quilting and this week will be followed up by marathon binding and movie marathons (Yay!!!)
 This is the first of many bags I'll be making in the near future... This is the newest Charmed Living Series pattern, the Charmed Living Tote. It's going to have instructions for two sizes (this is the smaller of the two) and I just love it!!! By the way this bag and the next few projects are made with Curio by Basic Grey from Moda (Thanks Moda!!!) it will be in stores this September. Trust me you'll want to add this one to your wish list!!!
 I also made for Moda a Charmed Living Runner out of Curio (Mom pieced this one and the next one, I just quilted them - Thanks Ma!) with one of my favorite quilting designs.
 And the Charmed Living Topper with a modified version of the quilting design from above.
 And this one is the color version of the newest quilt pattern Sciuridae, which should be out shortly too. As I said this is the color option, the main pattern is out of gorgeous Civil War scraps... It will be getting quilted this weekend....
 And I apologize now, but I love my new camera and I love my squirrels. If this page takes forever to load, it'll be worth it. Much to the disappointment of my Dad and all my "farm" friends - I admit - I, Rebecca Silbaugh, have turned into a "yuppie". How so? I bought a corn feeder for my squirrels and corn cobs to go with it. Yeppers, according to the people I grew up with, I'm probably on the same level as the people who show up to the county fair in stilettos and suits... Owell!!!

 Oh, and I put out some really old peanuts, this one really liked them...

 My Hubbin and I were standing right inside the glass doors to go out to the patio literally feet away from this table. This squirrel was whipping it's tail trying to scare us, but he couldn't resist the temptation of a table full of peanuts...

 Loved watching him eat and bury peanuts in the yard... I hope we don't get peanuts growing now...
And just look how HUGE my Japanese Maple got. I swear I blinked and it tripled in size from last year. Here's how it looked last September...
It's at least 4' high and 5'-6' wide at this point. If nothing else all this dreadful rain we've been getting is giving some love to my tree!!!

So, patterns should get finalized this week and in stores in a couple weeks. Let me know what you think! I'll be showing more pictures too and hope to have the larger sized bag done soon too! Alright, it's past my bedtime and I'm falling asleep, so I'm gonna log off now while I'm still awake. Show you more soon!

1 comment:

  1. It's official, I have tote envy. I lack the patience and most importantly, the skill to make one. But, I am most skilled at purchasing.....hint, hint. Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...