2.11.2011

Great News!!!

I know I had some interesting information to tell you, and here it is - my patterns are now available through MODA!!! I'm super excited and can't believe it's true!!!

So, they're not on the website yet, but if you call your Customer Service Rep, you can preorder them now and they should ship some time next week. They couldn't give me an exact date, but I'm so excited it really doesn't matter, does it?

So, I still have to get pictures of the quilting I did this week, it seems every time I was quilting or near a quilt my camera was not... OOOOoooooppppppsssssss! Tomorrow, how's that sound?

But, I do have quilt pictures for you....
 Here's Starbox hanging at the show complete with a ribbon!!! I'm still like a school girl over the ribbon...
 They have all sorts of lights and it was a perfect opportunity to get a better picture of the quilting detail. I LOVE this quilt!
 Now this monster of a quilt was made by my friend Leslie. Leslie doesn't know how to make small quilts I'm determined... But that's alright because then this one should fit on my bed just fine (hint hint). I think at both this year and last year's shows Leslie had one of, if not the largest quilt there, and the pieced backs :) - I admit she definitely charmed me into the pieced backings thing...
 I don't know who made this one, but it was incredible. All circles and curves, and then quilted in metallic thread, this picture does not do it justice at all. It is so stunning I had to take a picture of it...
 French braid quilts were very popular this year. I think there were probably easily over 20 french braid quilts of the 200 or so entered.
 I just love the look of a traditional quilt like this. It just reminds me of simpler times where people did more with less and still has a smile on their face at the end of the day. I think it's a lesson I try to learn every day, plus a quilt like this would fit perfectly into my "dream farm house"...
And there's always an art quilt or 20. This one really caught my eye. It's smaller, maybe 3' x 2' or so, but the story attached to it was what really did it. The fabrics are wild and this is a picture of the quilter's dog Angie. Short for Angelina Jolie, but the quilter referred to the dog as the prettier of the two. It made me chuckle.

I love quilt shows like this one, it's a great opportunity for a large scale show-n-tell and gives normally shy people the chance to show off what they can do. We've got some pretty incredible strong women in this group (a couple men too!) and the cool thing is we all do a similar thing with completely different results. There is always atleast one pattern that 2 quilts show up at the show, this year it was the best in show. One in purples and jewel tones, the other in pastels. One embellished and embroidered, one plain and traditional. Yet both gorgeous. The ribbons are great and all, but at the end of the day it's more about sharing with others the passion of what we do and love. Not about bragging rights, for most atleast...

I hope you likes this and I might have more pictures from the show later. It runs through March 22nd I think... and every time you go you will see something different you didn't notice before. Especially with over 200 quilts hanging.

Gotta run, but until next time!

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful Rebecca! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait til we get them here in the UK. and thanks for posting the quilt pics; they're really stunning and I love looking at others' ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...