2.08.2011

Entertaining...

I will start this post asking the simple question of, "Why do I even bother paying for TV service every month when there's nothing on and I have the most entertaining squirrels in my back yard?" Honestly. Okay, now to set the scene. If you saw the last post and where the "squirrel tree" is in relation to my kitchen, laundry room, and sewing room, you pretty much have a clear view of these guys from each of those spots.

This morning while checking e-mails in the dining room, I looked out to see this:
 It was just sleeping in it's hole peeking out a bit. Then later came this:
 This picture really deserves a caption. And that's the last I thought I'd see of the critter. Boy was I wrong...

Let me set the scene - Behind out house is an old telephone pole from the previous house on this property. When they built our house they put in a new pole right next to the other one. They must've used a rope to tether the new pole or to pull it up - whatever, there's a part of a rope on the pole I never noticed until today because...
 I was doing laundry minding my own business when I see something out of the corner of my eye. The crazy squirrel (said in the most Veruca Salt voice possible) was having a fight with the rope. It just couldn't stand it and was giving it a piece of his mind.
 He bit it and tried to reason...
 but it was a rope, so it wouldn't reason and really ticked off the critter.
So he ripped a piece off it it and went on his way. I'm sure this is only Part 1 of this saga. I'll keep you posted.
Thankfully the camera was right there so I could snap these pictures and I saved the best for last. This is how angry my little guy was at the rope. I was laughing so hard. This "brawl" lasted for a couple minutes and definitely was the highlight of my day. That could either be good or really lame, I'll let you decide. I giggle just looking at this picture. I'm even considering making it my wallpaper on my computer...

So I had these great plans to go and do some long arm quilting today and show you all I got accomplished. Needless to say, I didn't get as much done as anticipated. I got one done and started the next, but it's been so long since I've quilted that my back said, "NO MORE!!!" and I agreed. Sometimes it's better to quit while you're ahead and it'll be there tomorrow. It's not going anywhere.

Once I finish the other quilt I will show you a glimpse of those and see what else is new.

One last thing. Is it just me or does anybody else take pictures of the food they've made? I know I showed pictures of a few things I've made like my Roasted Chicken (which I'm still proud of), but going through the files on my computer I have lots of food pictures. Fish and Roasts and Cupcakes and now I'm drooling. Maybe that's why I do it, so I can look back when my brain crashes and remember how good it was so I can make it again. It's a theory...

I'll keep you posted and I have some exciting news for you later this week! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Your squirrel is a hoot, did the rope win the tug of war or did he?

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...