7.02.2010

Happy 4th to you!

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday weekend so far, I know I am! I'm planning on sewing some more tonight and spending some time with family and friends this weekend. The thing I am most excited about is that for the first time in I can't tell you how long I actually have 2 days off in a row this weekend! I can't even begin to tell you the last time that happened.

Well, I was looking through some older photos on my computer and I saw these that somehow I neglected to post on here. This is the original Charmed Living Topper made with Bistro from Deb Strain for Moda. This line was to die for and I hear she's working on another similar line that we shall see in the not so distant future. I can't wait. I do believe I need to make others like this for friends and family so they won't steal mine when I'm not looking.



I embroidered coffee related words in the solid border that I printed off of my computer. It really just finishes the look of this topper and I love it! I love to use Pearl Cotton for my embroidery, if you haven't tried it, you have to. It's nice because it's noticeable but you don't have to worry about how many strands of floss to use (it's just one that's a little more than two strands of floss) and you don't have to worry about multiple floss strands twisting and knotting all of the time. I don't know about you, but there has never been a knot that made me happy...


I often look at other designs and wonder if a little extra embellishment will enhance them as well. It just depends on what fabric I'm working with and what I plan on using it for. I hope this inspires you to take chances and make these designs your own.



This is the back of the topper, just another little embellishment with the extra Charm Squares. And a shot of the quilting, it was really fun to do! Have a great weekend! Stay safe, enjoy yourself, and I'll chat with you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...