12.11.2016

Machine Quilting: Big Blocks

Karen made this simple quilt and even though it's simple, it is the perfect canvas for these fabrics!
 Sometimes the best pattern you can choose is the simplest one of the bunch. There are quite a few large scale florals in this quilt and if they were chopped up any smaller, you would lose the charm of the print.
Karen and I both love swirls so it's pretty common that when she and I are discussing quilts and she doesn't immediately have a quilting plan in mind, it will probably be swirls. They just work so well - I swear I can make an excuse to use swirls in every quilt if given the chance.

Thanks for bringing this beautiful quilt to me, Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...