12.29.2016

Machine Quilting: Beatrix Potter

Pat made this adorable baby quilt and we had a slight issue on our hands...
 You see that pink-ish batik surrounding each of the blocks? Well, it was the backing fabric too and it's one of those weird colors. It's orange-y next to pink and too pink next to orange. I laid out the quilt with a light pink thread, an apricot color and a light orange over a couple days through changes in the light and then made my decision of which thread would work the best. It actually was the light pink that won out (It's a Girl - So Fine).
Not to take away from any of the blocks and the fussy cut panels, we kept the quilting simple with an overall swirl.

I wish you could have seen this quilt in person, the colors were beyond perfect! I grew up collecting Beatrix Potter and I never would have picked these colors, I always would have picked more dusty hues, but this quilt was refreshing!

Thank you, Pat! Your quilt was so much fun to work on (as always!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...