2.16.2016

Yippee!

Today is a happy kinda day in more ways than one. The first could be that I have a massive load of baby laundry in the dryer and one waiting to go in the washer as soon as her other outfit arrives later today :)

Well, honestly the first happy moment was that I officially heard back from mamajan and she has claimed her book (sorry to those of you hoping she wouldn't respond so you could claim the winnings). And as promised I have done a little research on how to change when you comment on blogs to be able to come back to you rather than no-reply.

Now, I could rewrite the book and do my own version of it, but
1. Ain't nobody got time for that and
2. I really don't trust my preggo brain with important details like that
so I've found some other articles complete with pictures to share with you:

The first article I found was written by the amazing Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville. She just tells it like it is and is short, simple and to the point. To hear her way to check and see if you are a no-reply commenter, check her post here: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/08/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

Another great post I found was by Happy Hour Projects. Like I said I could rewrite this whole thing and put my own spin on it, but she did such a great job, I'll just send you all her way to read it for yourself. Knowing my luck these days I'd just screw up or leave out some really important detail and it wouldn't help you at all. You can read Adrianne's article here: http://happyhourprojects.com/blog-tips-are-you-noreply-commentblogger-com/

Now, I want to remind you that by changing your profile settings as mentioned above DOES NOT broadcast your email address across the internet unless you specify it to. Basically the main reason for this change is allowing bloggers to respond back to you when you comment on their blog posts. Basically I get an email with each comment (or most of them, it's not a perfect world) and when I'd like to respond I just go into my email and hit reply. More times than not I can't because I get hit with a no-replycomment@blogger.com error and that's the end of the road for me. I'm not going to save your email addresses and sell them on the black market, I just simply would like to respond to you and would like to be able to.

Now, if you follow my Instagram (you can find me @rubybluequilts) or my Facebook page (Ruby Blue Quilting Studio) you may have seen these pictures, but I have to share them again. It really didn't sink in until I went out to finish up a quilt yesterday, I can't believe how big my belly got lately and the reason I really can't reach very far on the machine these days.

This picture was yesterday at the machine. You see the issue? The widest part of my belly falls right in line with the bottom leader bar preventing me from having the full reach I used to.

And just because I can, I have a baby app that tells me all sorts of stats but lets you take "bumpies" each week to see your progress. I've been steadily growing little by little with minimal changes. More or less each week my "mass" would move up or down depending on where Little Miss chose to reside that week. However this last week there's no mistaking the growth!

That's one week difference! One week! Now please forgive the super frizzy hair - this winter air has not been kind some days. Granted if you read my last post you know Little Miss is ahead of schedule and she may be here sooner than originally anticipated, but I'm here to tell you she is a girl on a mission and this photo proves it!

And before you all freak out and yell at me to sit down and put my feet up - I'm pregnant, not dead. I've definitely slowed down and have been pacing myself but I'm still managing to do little tasks here and there. I am taking this as a sign my energy and my priorities are no longer up to me and I'm using this as a lesson for the future. Trust me the quilt I'm working on would normally take me most of a day, maybe a long afternoon to work on and it's been on the machine for over a week now. I quilt a little, take a break, quilt a bit more... But my days are significantly less than they used to be. I'm hoping to finish up that quilt later today (if the weather breaks long enough for me to drive out there) and I have one little baby quilt left to do and I'm considering myself done until after baby. I have others (and plenty of my own) that I can work on if I feel the urge to get some more done, but no more pressing deadlines in the near future. I'm just taking it one day at a time because that's all I can do!

Well, that's the update for today. I hear the dryer has stopped so I'm going to go immerse myself in folding baby laundry. I know the novelty will wear off very quickly, but I'm too happy I don't hear you haters out there! One day at a time, one baby kick or hiccup at a time, one doctor's appointment, because I know I'll blink and she will be here and I'll wonder where it all went so quickly... <3 p="">

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of your baby bump!! She really did grow a great deal in the last week - awesome!!! I'll tell you a secret...I never got over the joy of folding baby/kid clothes, even after three kids AND they all used cloth diapers!! It was so much fun to get to do that again with my granddaughters last year for a couple of months. I used that time to pray for my kids and dream about their futures. Enjoy this precious time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...