2.15.2016

And the winner is...

So sorry for the delay in announcing a winner. Since we last spoke, things got a tad crazy here. This momma-to-be had a great doctor's appointment and it seems Little Miss is eager to make her appearance. She's not "due" for another 4 weeks, yet the doctors think with her progression we won't make it til then, let alone the end of this month. We'll know more later this week at the next appointment to see if she's progressed more or not. :)

And then I somehow picked up a nasty stomach bug that sidelined me the rest of the week and into the weekend. Luckily I had my flu shot and I think that helped curb the effects a bit, but it still wasn't fun and I was basically worthless.

Add on top of that we had another open house here this weekend to try to sell our home. Luckily Ben was a great trooper and was able to handle the majority of it and then some... I swear I can't make this stuff up - Here we are about half an hour from leaving the house and we get a call from the realtor who was supposed to be showing our house... She got in a car accident and can't make it. Our regular realtor was at another showing over an hour away and knew he would be late (hence the other partner opening the showing). So what were we to do? Well, it ended up that I packed up the dogs and wished my hubby luck and he tried his hat at being a realtor until our guy could show up and save the day... It was awkward at best, but I hope Ben did a good job and we get some good news soon. Otherwise I'm not sure how we're going to be able to show this house in the first few weeks Little Miss decides to join us, especially if it's sooner than anticipated!

So, that was basically what happened here since we last spoke and I'm now in that super excited/anxious/panicked/can't wait mode waiting for Little Miss to get here. I had a hunch she may arrive early, but I didn't think she would be this far ahead of schedule!

Speaking of which, I think I have finally hit my mark on being "done" with quilting until after Little Miss arrives. She has been wearing me out and just airing on the side of caution, I think it's best I take it easy and prep for her arrival. Please feel free to contact me about quilting services and I can still take in quilts and get you on the schedule for once I start quilting again, but please know I probably won't be quilting again until after Easter or so - so please plan accordingly if you have deadlines.

And the reason you all (hopefully) have been listening to me babble and ramble on - THE WINNER!!!

The winner of the book is mamajan who wrote:

Lately I have been buying fabrics in coral and navy cause I would love to make a quilt with these colors. This book looks like I could find a beautiful pattern to use. Congrats on being part of it.
Now, I normally don't do this, but I'm making an exception. Mamajan, I don't have an e-mail for you so I can't send you a message. I'm giving you until Wednesday morning (Ohio time)to contact me at rubybluequilts (at) gmail (dot) com with your snail mail address so I can send you this book. Otherwise I will choose another winner and move on down the list. 

I normally don't choose a winner I can't immediately respond to, but there seems to have been some security changes on the blog platforms lately and more than half of the comments were no-reply (which means I can't e-mail you back).

I honestly don't know at the moment how to change the settings, but I will look into it and let you all know so that you can change your settings and have better chances of myself and other bloggers contacting you in the future (if you win something for instance). Thank you to all who entered and I urge you to go find this book and take it home with you because you're going to find several projects you'd like to make!

Now I'm going to do some more baby laundry and finish up these last couple quilts I have and wait for Little Miss to arrive. I'll update you all soon and mamajan - I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...