9.17.2015

Hiccups...

I don't think I've ever left this blog unattended for over a month before! I just wanted to pop in today and give you the God's honest truth about what's been going on.

First off, the first trimester of my pregnancy officially kicked my butt and I'm happy to say I just entered the second trimester and things are looking up. I still have my moments where I need to relax and take breaks more than I'd like, but I'm learning early on that my body and my needs are no longer my own. Thank you all for the kind words, well wishes and emails checking in on baby and I, they are much appreciated and we are doing well. The only constant lately that has been hampering my progress is signs of early pinched nerves that make parts of my legs go numb if I stand or walk too long without a break, so I'm taking a lot of resting breaks these days.

If pregnancy wasn't a whirlwind enough, we unexpectedly lost my Father-In-Law a couple weeks ago. His health wasn't great but it wasn't that bad either so his passing was a shock. The day we got the call was a definite circle of life experience as Ben and I spent the afternoon starting our baby registry and looking forward to the future... As much as we miss him so, Ben and I are taking solace in the fact that our lil munchkin now has a guardian angel looking over him/her.
This is one of my favorite pictures I took of my Father-In-Law riding his horse, Maverick. The family keeps joking that Tom (my FIL) will more than likely be the little angel and devil on our child's shoulders as they grow up. The angel side for when he's actually being a guardian angel and the devil side for when he says into their little ear, "Hey, do this... It'll really freak out your mom!"

So, between resting, trying to stay calm and making funeral arrangements as well as carrying out Tom's final wishes, I've been a little busy on the family front these past weeks.

Then just when things started to slow down and I wanted to get back to work my machine started acting up and has been in the shop waiting on parts... Needless to say I haven't gotten much accomplished lately that I can show for, but I plan on quilting like a mad woman here (hopefully starting later today) as much as lil munchkin allows.

I do have a ton of quilts to share pictures of from the past few months and as my energy returns I will be posting all that I can! Thank you all for being patient with me and understanding my family needs and personal limitations. I need to get back into my quilting mojo and get hopping on this nursery for lil munchkin! So much to do and not enough energy for it all these days!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Tom. Times like these are difficult and my prayers are with your family. So glad to hear that you are feeling better - second trimester is the best - but I hope you don't continue to have problems with your legs. We will always be here waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...