5.04.2015

Seems Like Scrappy Preview: Bitsy

Before I begin, let me start by saying May the 4th be with you!

Alrighty, now I can get to the reason you're all here today. I want to introduce you to Bitsy!
Photo used with permission from Martingale. Photography by Brent Kane. All rights reserved.  

This could be considered a mini quilt or a table topper or a wall hanging... Bitsy is well, small, but full of personality! Above is the original that you'll see in my new book, Seems Like Scrappy. Bitsy uses a charm pack and some yardage and I think I know what you're thinking...

There's no way I'm sewing all of those tiny squares!

Well, I'm here to tell you - you don't have to! I've come up with a genius (if I do say so myself) way to sew with maximum results and as little effort as possible.

Bitsy is so fun and simple to sew, I made another one:
 For this second option, I chose to make a small Halloween quilt and it's super fun and spunky.

I can promise you the sewing steps are minimal. Honestly, I spent probably the same amount of time, if not a little more, pressing the pieces.
 I love how the striped fabric for the binding blends all of the colors together on this one.
Here you can see the quilting a bit better. Since the colors in the fabrics are so vibrant and bold, I opted to do the same with the quilting so I chose an orange thread. It honestly doesn't stand out nearly as much as I would have thought it would, but it completes the quilt nicely.

The best part about Bitsy - I'm sure each and every single one of you has the materials stashed away somewhere to make this right now. We all have charm packs stashed away or sitting on shelves waiting for the perfect opportunity to break into them and use them up. Plus, the yardage for this quilt is minimal, so not much is needed to get started.

This quilt would make a great retreat project or a weekend sewing adventure since you can get results quickly. And with the visual impact it gives when it's done, what's not to love?

Bitsy and several other quilts are brand new patterns featured in my latest book, Seems Like Scrappy due out June 2nd for release. That's less than a month away!!!

If you are traveling to Quilt Market all of my quilts and I will be making appearances and I will post the details as we get closer to the tradeshow. Otherwise, if you'd like to preorder a signed copy of Seems Like Scrappy, you can do so in my shop and enjoy 25% off your preorder.

Don't forget that I have luggage, will travel! If you'd like my quilts and I to come and do a trunk show for you or visit your group for a lecture and/or workshop, please send me an email at rubybluequilts (at) gmail (dot) com. I'd love to come and visit!

I'm almost done with my second Patch Stack and if I get the top done tomorrow, I will try to post pictures later this week. It's turning out awesome! I have all of the blocks done, now I just need to lay it out and sew!

Come on back here each Monday for another quilt preview from Seems Like Scrappy and I will have all sorts of other quilty posts during the week! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...