4.29.2015

Wait, what?! It's almost May?!

I swear to goodness I was just minding my own little business over here and before I knew it, May was in a couple of days... When the heck did that happen?!

Well, it has been absolutely insane over here (mostly the good insane) and when you mix that with a little vacation, a new dog and some allergy season shenanigans... I lost a month or so of time and I don't know where it went.

I'm going to be busy playing catch up on the blog here and showing you a ton of quilts I've been working on, so get ready for quilty overload in the coming weeks.

Oh, and I just got some good news. Some really good news. Seems Like Scrappy is getting released a little earlier than we thought. It is still a June date, but June 2nd is soooo much better!

Let me repeat that, Seems Like Scrappy will be released June 2nd!!! Okay, I feel better. I'm super excited to share this all with you and I can't wait for you all to see it in your hot little hands.

So, today I just wanted to pop in and once again say thank you to all of you that have given words of encouragement and support for our Rosie Roo.
 She is doing fantastic and we've learned a few more things I wanted to share:

* The cage was a huge part of the separation anxiety problem. No more cage, no more crazy dog.
* We have to open a window for her to look out and she's much calmer when we leave
* Except that time she locked herself in the bathroom somehow and went bat-crap crazy. She was safe and fine, my flat iron and some rolls of toilet paper didn't fare so well however.
* She doesn't like to get her feet wet. At. All. (Such a diva)
* She loves going on walks and we go almost every day!
This face is such a joy to us and she loves to go with us as much as possible. On one of our walks we ran into a gentleman who said she looked just like the dog from "Because of Winn Dixie". So we looked it up and he's right. We think she is a large part Picardy Shepherd now, but she's too small to fit their standards and with those ears of hers, she still has something else mixed in there, but we have no clue what it is. It doesn't really matter. She's one of a kind!

The first month with this pup had it's ups and downs. The second month was much better and I can only imagine it'll get better from here.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that she is such a quilting dog. She hates the elliptical here at home, so one day when I took her out to the long arm with me I wasn't sure how she'd react. It's big and loud and it moves... But I had a super long day of quilting ahead of me, too long to leave the pups alone for, so I packed up the car and took both of them with me.

She slept right under the machine and could care less what was going on. She has a knack of making herself comfortable just about anywhere we've taken her so far. So comfy in fact she's not a morning dog. I got up early one morning to work on binding before the sun came up... After a while I couldn't find her. She was asleep on our bed in the dark quiet room while I had all the lights on and was making noise! I found her in there and she gave me a look like, "Oh, be a dear and shut the door and keep it down so I can sleep a bit, mmmkay?" That morning she slept on our bed til about 7:30 and then came out like it was nothing. She's done that a bunch lately if I'm a little too active in the morning for her. Goofy dog!

Well, I think I've rambled on about Miss Roo for too long now. She's fun and great and I'm so glad we made it through those first few horrid weeks because right now I couldn't imagine life without her! I'll be posting my one little quilty finish later today, I think you'll like it so come on back!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to read about your adventures with Ruby. She sounds like she is settling in and you are figuring her out. She has had some issues, huh? We inherited a dog from our son's ex-fiancé ... A sweet beagle with horrible issues! He used to sit on the dining room table! We have 2 other dogs ... 2 years later you would never guess he was the same dog! He just needed a forever home, and it sounds like Ruby did too! You found each other!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...