8.22.2013

Machine Quilting: Summer Solstice

Mom just completed her Summer Solstice designed by Judy Niemeyer (Quiltworx) and I had so much fun quilting it!
We had so much fun picking out the colors and the fabrics from Timeless Treasures. This quilt has a big future ahead of it and I'll share more on that later!
 I've learned with many of the quilts we use and stow and bring out to hang at our various shows that the quilts with the most dense quilting hang the best when they are needed on demand. So I took that theory to heart and went a little crazy on this one.
 I only used a few thread colors and kept the quilting fairly simple in plan (yes it's dense, that I know) but I kept the same design in the same colors since this pattern is truly simple in construction.
 I thought long and hard about the center and I'm happy with how it turned out. I know I've said this before, but the center is the focus. It's where you have to sum up all of the personality of the rest of the quilt into a small area.
This quilt was so much fun and I will hopefully be quilting another version Mom is doing out of this pattern in the near future. Her new version is a color opposite since it features tans and cool blues with this awesome batik that has pine cones in it! It'll be neat to see the differences! She already has the Lonestar done, now it's just to choose the right colors for the New York Beauties and the borders!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...