8.20.2013

Machine Quilting: Small Mariner's Compass

Marge opted to make the smaller Mariner's Compass Technique of the Month by Judy Niemeyer (Quiltworx) and she did an amazing job with it!
 She kept the colors simple with mainly blues and just a pop of rust or green here and there and the results are spectacular!
 The hardest thing for me was trying to fulfill Marge's request to keep the quilting on the lighter side. It was hard to restrain myself with this pattern as it has so much going on and it's easier to "over-quilt" it like the last one I did. 
 I love the intricate pieces and shapes that you won't find in other patterns.
 Like with the fabrics, I chose a few designs and fit them in different areas so it didn't overwhelm the top.
All in all it worked out quite well and I'm happy with how it turned out. Marge liked it too and last I saw her she was feverishly putting on the binding so she could hang it up! Thanks, Marge!

1 comment:

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...