7.29.2013

Guest Post/ Free Tutorial GIft Boxes

I had the opportunity to meet up with the amazing people behind the scenes at Timeless Treasures Fabrics at Spring Market back in May. They told me they were coming out with newer precuts called a 6-pack and wondered if I would be interested in coming up with a tutorial to feature them? How could I say no?!
They asked me to use their new Joy line for a little Christmas in July cheer. What I came up with was this tutorial, Gift Boxes, which is a nice small quilt that uses almost all of the 6-pack and only extra fabrics for backing and binding. 
 I'm not going to lie, this was a bit challenging for me at first since I'm more scrappy and this was only 10 fabrics in three colors. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I'm used to using about 100 fabrics and way more color. It turned out great and I love it!
 I quilted it really modern and it was so much fun to do! I was really channeling my inner Angela Walters for this one and I think she'd approve. I used both red and green fabrics top and bottom, even though the backing fabric was cream, it looks so cool!
This quilt is nice and small, but super easy to make. To hop on over to the tutorial, click here. Also, you can jump on over to Timeless Treasures' website to view this collection and many more by clicking here. They have a whole bunch of other tutorials too on their blog which you can see here. Whew! That's a bunch of links.

I love this quilt for several reasons, but the craziest and truest of them all is that I feel so ahead of the game since it's only July and I already have a Christmas quilt done. I actually have a quilt to display around the holidays now! What a novel concept! I usually think about making a quilt to display around Dec. 23rd and it never gets done, now I have one!

Hope you enjoy the tutorial and if you make a version of this quilt, please e-mail me at rubybluequilts (at) gmail (dot) com. I'd love to see it!

p.s. remember this would also be great for your stash, it's only 6" strips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...