4.01.2013

New Version of Snow In June

I completely forgot about this version of Snow In June and we rediscovered it last week so I decided to quilt it up.
I found it somewhat ironic that this is how it looked outside on the day I was quilting this version of Snow In June (from my book Seamingly Scrappy). It was snow in late March, but not truly snow in June. Luckily it did stop and warm up just enough that I was able to wear a cute Easter dress yesterday, granted I also had on boots and a sweater and a coat, but it wasn't snowing!
 My Mom actually made this version and had this pattern in the works as I was trying to finalize the last few patterns to "make the cut" for the book. We talked about it and looked it over and I figured out how to get this pattern out of precuts and my version (the one in the book) was in the works shortly afterwards too.
 This version was made with the Curio line by Basic Grey for Moda (gotta love anything from Basic Grey!) We found the top the other day and I tried a new quilting design on this one. I blended a couple of my latest favorite designs and I really like how it turned out.
I actually quilted this with a lime green thread, but it blends in so well with the fabrics, it doesn't overpower the quilt at all! I'm working on stitching the binding down now and I'm sure you'll be seeing more of this quilt in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...