12.01.2012

Machine Quilting: Custom Quilting

So as one of the many quilts I have been doing for this holiday season, this is one that is going to be used as decor for the holidays rather than a gift. Bobette wanted something custom and I had quite a few ideas when I saw it for the first time.
 With a design like this you could do just about anything. With the colors she chose I was thinking primitive, country, girly. When I asked her what she was going for she said vintage... It threw me for a loop for a bit trying to rethink how to make it look vintage, but we came up with a good plan.
 In the areas created between the black chains I quilted this design that's not to different than a traditional oak leaf and reel.
 It worked so well in the space. So much better than I could have hoped for. It was perfect. I didn't get pictures of the quilt completely finished, but in the black chain I quilted melons in each of the squares.
Bobette was planning on using this quilt as the centerpiece to her large dining room table during the holidays. I think it will work out nicely. I know this might be weird to hear, but I'm still amazed from day to day what my hands and this machine have been able to do. It just gets me more excited for the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and you get the point.

I'll be back with more quilts and another custom quilt later on. Until then, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...