10.03.2012

Machine Quilting: Halloween

So, Darlene's been on a roll again. She gave me this adorable Halloween panel to quilt for her.
 This was one of those quilts that I had no clue how I was going to quilt it until it was on the machine. And even then I only knew what I was going to do in the borders.
 I stippled (meandered) in the borders and quilted around any of the characters in the fabrics Darlene focused on. (You really can't see them here but in the top triangles there are pumpkins and cats and such). Once I started quilting the rest fell into place.
I quilted some lines in the sky with a swirl here or there. I did some rolling lines in the hills and outlined many of the remaining pieces with some echo quilting to fill in the other areas.
 
This panel is cute and she should have it done and ready to hang just in time for the holiday. I can't believe it's almost time for Halloween. The saddest part is the Christmas items are slowly making their way into the stores already! Oh the calamity!

1 comment:

  1. Becky you did a great job with this wall hanging, table runner. I go hope to get the binding done by Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...