9.19.2012

The Wonderful World of Quilting Retreats!

So I was finally able to attend my first ever quilt retreat last week. We had a group of 24 women that all went up to the Riverside Inn in Cambridge Springs, PA for a few days. We arrived Sunday afternoon and stayed through Wednesday morning and sewed until our little hearts were content.
 The Riverside Inn was built back in the 1800's and features over 70 guest rooms I believe that are all decorated with glamorous quilts and lovely furniture. There are several lamps that hang on the lower levels and many of them are different.
 Outside there are lush gardens and this wonderful porch.
 This is the ballroom where we held our Retreat. This is how it would be set up for weddings or parties, but imagine this with cutting tables in the middle, sewing machine and ironing boards set up along the outer perimeter, and plenty of room to lay out quilts. (This picture was borrowed from their website because I was working so hard I forgot to take pictures... Ooops!)
 I did take these though! Our friend Judy and her Mom had a party while we were there. It was Mom's 89th birthday and she had a wonderful day including this wonderful cake, flowers and a tiara!
 Here's some really bad, but sufficient enough for sneak peek, pictures of the newest stitchery patterns. Look for a feature with good pictures later this week! The one above is the Baby themed stitchery.
 This pattern features Sea Creatures.
And another pattern due out in the near future would be Prima. I'm working on the quilting now and this should be on the market very very soon.

So, besides finishing these quilt tops and half of my rings for my Bali Wedding Star, I also started some charity quilts as side projects too. Hence why the photos aren't the greatest and they are the only ones that I took while we were there.

We had girls doing all sorts of things from pillowcases to table toppers, lap quilts, paper piecing, large grandiose things and I didn't get a picture of any of them... Dang! Guess that means we have to do it again! Well, speaking of quilting, I better get moving if I'm going to get that finished today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...