8.10.2011

You know me...

And my love for Amish Country, but the best part about my most recent trip is... it's only a couple hours away from home, just a highway, to another highway and a few more,  to this...
 This is the view behind our hotel...
 These pictures do NOT do any justice for the scenery, it was absolutely breath-taking. You can start to see the fog rolling in as the sun sets...
 I love rolling hills and picket fences...
 And the sunset was just as beautiful...
 The colors were more and more vibrant until it was over, and then we crashed because the next 2 days we (Mom and I) were working a trade show with MODA!!!
 Didn't the booth look lovely? I mean how could it not with all the latest and greatest designs being showcased???
 Another view of the booth, I missed both ends of the booth in pictures, and managed to only get a picture of Mark, no one else. Owell, I think that means we have to go back and do it again!!! Oh, and a quick side note, while I was at the show I got to wear the most adorable ruffled apron by MODA, and I forgot to get a picture of that too!

Oh, and the greatest news of all: while at the show I got to meet my first ever other Moda Bake Shop Chef! Corey from Little Miss Shabby is such a doll and much to my surprise, lives one town away from where this show was being held. I knew there was a bunch of us Ohio gals on the Moda Bake Shop, but I didn't know she lived there and would be at the show that day. It was so nice to meet and chat...
 But then before you knew it, the pies had been eaten (I was in Amish country...), the big barns were flying by as we drove out of town...
And goodbye to Sugarcreek, the only Swiss Village in Amish Country with the best German restaurant I've even been to...

Maybe one of these days the Hubbin and I could go down and spend a few days antiquing (I bought the most adorable wooden tool box for $8!), eating our way through the towns and just having a good time.

Have you ever been to Holmes County? Have anywhere you'd recommend to stay or eat? I'd love to hear it. Oh, and pop on over to Corey's blog and say hi! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...