8.23.2011

Catching Up

So, you may have seen on other posts that I ventured out to JEllen's house of fabric a little over a week ago to visit with Joyce and meet the ever talented Vickie Eapen of Spun Sugar Quilts! Vickie was signing Fresh Fabric Treat books (all projects by Moda Bake Shop Chefs), and I couldn't miss the opportunity to meet her. It's always nice to meet another Bake Shop Chef.

And, since I was at a fabric shop I had to make a purchase - or two - or three... I finally have some Ruby here at my house of Ruby... but I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with it. I'm sure I'll come up with something...

Right after leaving with my purchases I headed over to my nephew's 8th birthday party. It was Rock 'n Roll themed. Gee, do you think he might know who Gene Simmons is???
 He's a good kid with a little mischievous behavior from time to time (notice the look on the face, it gives it all away - plus the shirt reads TROUBLE FINDS ME even in camouflage)
 But he's got a good heart, here he's going around and gave everyone that came to the party a hug, even Uncle Ben... oh, and to go with the Rock 'n Roll theme - notice the tattoos. When we got there he had 5 on, when we left he had 14 or more...
 His parents surprised him with a custom guitar shaped cake in his favorite color - BLUE!!! It was pretty awesome and yummy I might add.
 And more of the tattoos. He had to pull up the shorts to show the ones on his knees his mother didn't know where there until this moment... This is what you get when you leave and 8 year old with his 16 year old cousin alone in the kitchen with a pile of temporary tattoos and a sink at the ready...
Happy Birthday Shawn!!! Love, Aunt Becky & Uncle Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...