10.09.2010

My first...

Today is the anniversary of my first blog post. Yep, one year ago today I began this discussion and had no idea where it would lead me. In the last year I've had joys, disappointments, new adventures, made many new friends throughout those adventures and explorations, and one thing I can be sure of - I have NO REGRETS.

This has been an adventure, sometimes feeling more uphill and exhausting than I ever imagined. But the great thing is at the end of the day I feel accomplished. I (somedays) have something in my hands I can show for my hard work. What could be more gratifying than that?

It has been great to read all of the comments and e-mails from you, let me tell you - somedays your words can really make a girl Happy Giddy Bliss! (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, you can read more about it here)

Alright, so in the true fashion of firsts, I have decided to show you my first ever quilt (top). It's still not finished and no I do not recommend a really challenging foundation paper pieced quilt for your first ever project, but alas I did this:

 Pulling it out from it's undesirable home at the back of the bottom drawer of my sewing stash cabinet, I thought it's not bad for my first (at first glance).
Then upon further inspection I did find a few places where the seam allowance is basically not there and a few too close for stitching lines (and a couple small holes in the stitching all together) OOOoooopppppsssss! But here it is, my first quilt (top). Maybe one day I will touch up the not so good spots and actually quilt it, we'll see.

I'm going to be up at Cottonpickers today, and tomorrow I will be at the Mayfield Historical Society Quilt Show so if you're in the area, stop by and say hi! If you're not - I'd still love to hear from you anyway. More to come in the future - I promise!

1 comment:

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...