11.12.2009

Did you miss me?

I know you think I must have been on vacation or just neglecting the blog, but you might be slightly off. If you've been to Cottonpickers in the last couple of weeks or to one of the last of the local quilt shows, you know I've been busy! While Mom was at shows and on the road from show to show I was at the shop and taking care of the Steppin Out Quilt Tour that just finished up. It was a lot of fun. We have been all over the place and have seen so many friends and so many wonderful projects my head is spinning with new ideas of things to make and design.


Speaking of designs, here are some more pictures of the Charmed Living Topper. Thank you to all who have commented on the design. It was really fun to make and I hope if you decide to make one too that you have as much fun as I did.

This pattern is designed to use 40 Charm Squares, but to create just the top you only use 33 squares. The other 7 were used on the back as an added accent piece which is completely optional. Also then, you have some flexibility if you find a Charm Pack that does not contain a total of 40 Squares.

Just because I designed the pattern to use Charm Squares does not mean you have to have a Charm Pack to make this Topper. It is a great way to use up some of those small scraps that you might have laying around that don't work well in other patterns. Oh, and here are the official quilt testers of the Studio. Let me introduce you to Paco (Binding Supervisor) and Duncan (Layout/Pressing Supervisor). These are my boys that are constantly in or around my quilts in the house. As alot of people say that I know if they have animals in the house, if it doesn't have dog or cat hair on it - it's not done yet.

Alright, I know you must be wondering what patterns are next on the docket. I'm honestly not sure of the particular order they will be arriving, it changes often. But I can tell you this - there is a mix of all sorts of patterns and fabrics from 1930's and Civil War reproductions to Batiks and just fun prints I can't take my hands off of. There are small quilts, big quilts and other projects too. I'll let you know as soon as the next one gets printed and where you can find it.

Thanks for chatting, I know it's been awhile and I'll try to keep you in the loop a little better. Now I'm off to work on some new projects, oh and some Christmas gifts, and continue on some existing ones. You know how it is, I don't have one project, I have one for every day of the week and then some. Take care and I'll talk to you later!

~Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know I have all the blocks done for the topper I'm making in the Christmas colors! It only took about 2-3 hours. I have to wait for my son to get home from school tomorrow before I sew it together because he has the final say on the layout, but it's all set for him! I love this pattern and can't wait to get both of them finished!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...