2.02.2014

My mantra...

So my BFF Katti and I signed up for a yoga class (fair warning, this post has absolutely nothing to do with quilting, but it'll make you chuckle). It's been interesting at times, especially during the "relaxation" period.
Sooooo, anywho, during the first class, the music wouldn't work and as we're laying there on the floor our teacher tells us that she'll take us on "an imaginative journey" instead. I know this is supposed to be all zen and relaxing, but it took everything in me not to laugh. That's just they way I am :)

Well, yesterday's class was good and then came the "relaxation" period... It was going well. I was relaxed. And then she tells us to find our mantra and repeat it to get rid of the tension in our bodies. Her example was something like "I am strong, I am something, I am light". Alright, so I'm laying there and thinking mantra, mantra, mantra. Then this popped in my head and I almost started laughing:



Just then, she must have known what was going on because she said if you feel your mind wandering from your mantra, just bring it back and relax... So I thought I was good. I started repeating mantra, mantra, mantra... And then something happened in my brain and all I could think of was the clip from Miss Congeniality where she's in the bathing suit competition repeating Dalai Lama, Dalai Lama, Dalai Lama. It didn't get better, it got worse!

I guess I really need to find my mantra before the next class and not run movie clips through my brain. I love doing yoga and it's helping my hip immensely. However, I'm not that good at the calm relaxing part (obviously). I think the saddest part of it all was as it was happening all I could think of was running home to blog about it. At least I hope it made you smile.

Katti missed class yesterday but we go to sushi afterwards (yummo) and I told her about it and I honestly don't know how the two of us are going to make it through this class much longer without getting in trouble! She and I have that ability to just look at each other and know what we're thinking and bust up laughing. It's great. Just not if you're in a yoga class.

Well, I need to go grocery shopping and get myself in mad quilting mode for the big game! Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...