6.25.2013

Retreat Recap

Sorry for the delay in this post. I swear time is flying by at warp speed and I'm already packing for the next show. I just got home, but this should be the last travel plans for awhile.
 These are some of the projects I finished while at retreat. What I will show you here are the projects I can show now, the others will have to wait. This first one was a side project from a few of the Moda Candy Bars. This box contained three or four lines (I think, it's been awhile) and I just added some white on white paisleys that I had in my stash for this simple pattern. It's a decent size and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this one.
 If three wasn't enough, a fourth Aura should do the trick. This quilt is completely scrappy and reversed in color. I used a mixture of shirtings for the blocks and various Civil War red-ish prints for the background. I'm thinking I may try to hand quilt this one, but we'll see. (See the other versions of Aura by clicking here)
 This last quilt is a more primitive version of Roll of Stamps, also from my book, Seamingly Scrappy. I used a jelly roll of Harvest Moon by Kansas Troubles and some of the new Primitive Muslins for the sashing. I know it's kinda weird, but I have this cowboy print in my stash that will work great for the backing. My Mom got it when I got my horse, and we never got around to making anything out of it. It'll be a fun little surprise on the back.

Now I did finish these three tops as well as two other tops and their coordinating backings and bindings while at retreat. Now, I did have some of the blocks premade before I left. No tops were together, but I had an amazing time and still was able to work on my Bali Wedding Star too! I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting closer!
Now, it's the last time I have to say bye to this little guy and his chickens (which he waits to play with until I get home!), but if you're in the area, come see Mom and I at our booth at the NQA Show in Columbus this weekend. I'll take pictures and try to post when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...