5.18.2013

Machine Quilting: O-H! I-O!

Now I know some hard core Ohio State University fans, but I honestly don't think there's one that tops Darlene.
 Planning ahead for the Fall football season, these lap quilts will be done with time to spare! This first quilt I was told was intended to be a "guy" quilt.
 These All Over Leaves are great for a "guy" quilt. They fill the area nicely and can look tribal. Loops and flowers just don't work for guys...
 This next quilt was a bit more feminine, especially with the floral border. But that border was the thing that tied the pinwheel points together with the rest of the quilt and didn't make them too loud.
 I quilted this with Mittens. This design is soft and flowing.
It really showed up nicely on the back. I love how the Fireside or Snuggles by Moda quilt up and give so much dimension to the quilting. On more custom quilts the backing can look sculpted and amazing!

Do you know a Buckeye fan that would love quilts like these? O-H!

1 comment:

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...