2.21.2013

Farmpark Preview Part #3

Alrighty then! This is it for now of the pictures from Farmpark, but I'll be out there all next weekend and if I get a chance to get away for a bit, there may be more pictures in the future.

All of the quilts today are ones that needed a closer look.
Like this beauty. I absolutely fell in love with the quilting at first sight. 
 I love how the patterns she chose to quilt effectively work well together yet fit each area individually.
 This quilt has this charming simplicity to it.
 The quilting isn't very dense, but it doesn't have to be. This quilt actually won first place in it's category and it reminds me that not all show quilts have to be extreme.
 Super charming. That's really all I have to say. I love the embroidery and the colors, but on a closer look...
 The checkerboard in the background is quilted in. How cool is that?! That would be for either a no caffeine at all or super caffeinated day at my house!
 And then there's this beauty. It's hidden in the back corner of the one room, but this was probably the quilt I heard the most about while walking around. There's just so much to look at.
 The combination of quilting styles was striking enough, but at the center of each side was a special place for quilting. Most of them were super dense in texture, but the top of the quilt had a monogram quilted into it!
 I LOVE these flowers, okay I love almost everything about this quilt...
What don't I love? To be honest, that its not coming home with me, but other than that I love everything about it!

So which quilt is your favorite of all the beauties I've shown? At the opening night, all of the people in attendance either have entered a quilt or know someone who has. I get so caught up in reconnecting with others that I may only get to see once or twice a year and then looking to find everyone's quilts that I know.

I know I missed some and there will be some that will need a better look the second time around, but all in good time.

Reminder! I will be at Cottonpickers for book signings both this Friday (10-5:30) and Saturday (10-4) and now I will be doing both days down in the classroom (the old Art & Function next to Howard Hannah). Come on out and see me. I'll have some goodies and most importantly - books to sign! Hope to see you there!

p.s. If you can't make it this weekend come on out to see me at Vendor's Weekend at the Farmpark Show March 1-3!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!!! That is wonderful,see you Friday...

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...