2.07.2013

Book Quilt: Roll of Stamps

Now I love traditional quilts and I have this unspoken quest to make as many of them as possible. (well maybe it's not such a secret now, but oh well) With every quilt I make I try to push myself to do something I never have before. It might be a new block, a new setting, fabrics I never thought I would use, something. So this was one of them:
Copyrighted Image provided by Martingale, Brent Kane, photographer

I have always wanted to do a postage stamp quilt. I love the mixture of squares and colors and a jelly roll was the perfect opportunity to create this quilt. I incorporated strip piecing into the construction of this quilt which makes it go so fast. And just to make it a little different than the usual postage stamp quilt, I added the accent sashing around each block.

There are all sorts of quilts in the book that range in skill level from beginner to slightly challenging. Now I'm not saying that you have to have years of quilting under your belt in order to make all of these quilts. These quilts are designed so that a beginner can make them and build their skills, but an experienced quilter will not be bored making these designs either. Sometimes even the most skilled quilter needs a simple(r) project to give their mind and body a break.

Now how many of you have a jelly roll sitting around that you don't know what to do with it? (Yes, I'm guilty of having one or three of those sitting around) This quilt is great to use up that jelly roll and a bit of yardage. Just remember, once you use of something from your stash, that just means you need to go shopping to fill it's place! Works for me!

I'll be back with more quilts from Seamingly Scrappy soon. I can't believe it's less than a week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...