12.20.2012

Anniversary & a Confession

First off, Happy Anniversary to my wonderful Husband!
(this is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us...)

Nine years ago today we said "I do" and I can't believe how quickly the time has passed.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret - Ben and I had our rehearsal dinner at this local winery. Between the horrible weather and relatives with the flu and trying to figure out how to walk on ice in heels when I can't see my own feet because of my huge poofy dress, the only thing the two of us both were complete in awe of and still talk about to this day was the seafood pizza at the rehearsal dinner.

Honestly the rest of the time was a blur. It was setting up, nails, hair, tuxes, a blizzard and ice storm thrown in the mix. It was a wedding which equals controlled chaos, I'll admit that. I know it may seem weird that we are both drawn to this life changing pizza, but IT'S THAT GOOD, trust me.

The winery features a Holiday Blush wine that only comes out this time of year. The wine served at the rehearsal dinner was the Holiday Blush. I don't know what made us do it, but we saved one bottle from the dinner (unopened), wrote the date on it and saved it. Every year since as soon as the Holiday Blush wine is available we get three bottles - one to drink, one for Christmas, and one to save. We have a bottle from every year with the year written on it lined up in our kitchen.

So onto the secret part. Ben started this new job, it's not great and the hours really suck. We were going to go out and celebrate our Anniversary tonight but he's stuck working until 9 or 10 tonight. So I called up to the winery and ordered THE life changing seafood pizza and another really yummy one with prosciutto and some tiramisu to top off the evening. He thinks we're having turkey and mashed potatoes. Little does he know we're having the same food from the same place where we started so many years ago. I hope he'll enjoy the surprise.

And now onto the confession... I have been quilting soooooo much. I have done some amazing work on amazing quilts lately getting ready for Christmas and the Farmpark 2013 Quilt Show. I cannot wait to show you what I've been working on but I bought myself a new camera. It came with a DVD on how to use it... I haven't had time yet to see if I can "learn" how to hook it up to the computer, but as soon as I do, I'll be sharing a ton of quilting pictures, I promise. Technology...

Well, I'm off to finish the last of the Christmas presents and get ready for more quilting. Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary. I love your idea of keeping a bottle of your favorite wine each year.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...