7.09.2012

Semi-Custom Machine Quilting

Most of the long arm quilting services I do are for baby showers or presents which means it's typically something simple and an all over design or pantograph design, which is fine. But every now and then I get the opportunity to cut loose and just have fun.
 My Nana is a machine at making quilt tops! This was a quick top she made after taking the Rapid Fire Hunter Star class at Cottonpickers. I still have yet to quilt the one she made in the class, but it'll make an appearance here soon.

If there's one thing my Nana and I have in common, it's a love for reds. There's probably about 7 different red fabrics in this quilt.
 In the center she embroidered the words Merry Christmas. Playing off of the Christmas theme, I quilted loops with holly leaves and berries in the majority and a special design in the stars.
I even carried the star pattern through the border and quilted the same design in those too. This is unlike anything I've quilted before, but I love it!

It's really getting me in the Christmas in July spirit, how about you?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Couldn't see the border quilting, but everything else looks great! Well done.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I didn't get a good picture of it, you can kinda see the border in the middle shot. I'll be doing something similar in the next one, so I'll make sure to get a picture of the borders!

      Delete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...