2.17.2012

Recipe Update - Kale

Remember awhile ago when I posted about my new found love, sauteed kale? (Recipe here)

Well, last night Ben was cooking dinner - the staple of a roasted chicken with a side of kale... He was in the kitchen for quite awhile and I was a bit curious what he was up to, but I didn't think much of it.

Finally he comes and sits down in the living room with me and watches a few minutes of TV... Then he turns to me and says, "I want to try something new with the kale, do you mind?" Let me mention his record of experimenting in the kitchen is much better than mine, so I said, "Go ahead."

O. M. G.

He had made pasta earlier in the week and mixed in a partial container of those new Philadelphia Cooking Creams (he mixed the Garlic & Herb with some regular tomato sauce for a wonderful dish), well the rest of the Garlic & Herb Cream was left, so he mixed it in with the kale for a mock version of a creamed spinach.

Once again I say O. M. G.

Just thought I'd mention that little tidbit with all of you kale lovers out there. It was wonderful. But the wort part of it all was the moment it hit me like "Why didn't I think of that?!"

Hope you enjoy it. I've been laid up on the couch most of the week with my chest pains again (nothing major, just an inflammation issue) so not much quilting has been going on over here. I'm hoping to recover quickly so I can get back to quilting and I have several customer quilts lined up that I can't wait to get my hands on.

Have a great weekend and I'll be back soon with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...