1.15.2012

AND... it happened...

We got snowed in, majorly. Wanna see?

We woke up to a few inches and a Winter Storm Advisory until 4pm on Saturday. They were calling for about 12" of snow. No biggie right?

But we got hit with Lake Effect, all day. The advisory got extended til 4am on Sunday and it just kept snowing...
 and snowing...
 And snowing...
 And snowing...
 I didn't start taking pictures until about 10:30 Saturday morning and the snow stopped about 4:30 that afternoon. The neighbor's tree above...
 My Japanese Maple that's now buried...
 It just kept piling up...
 The squirrel tried to eat for a minute or so and he had enough of the white stuff...
 But now that it's all over my other neighbor needs to find his car (see the mirrors on the side)
 My neighbor across the street's tree and mailboxes... Oh, and we didn't see a plow truck until about 7pm I think. So no mail...
This is Ben cleaning the drive for the THIRD time... Each time he cleaned it there was about 6-8" of new snow.

So needless to say I was snowed in this weekend. Today I'm going to try to venture out so I can quilt something I was planning on doing yesterday... Wish me luck.

Did any of you that entered the Snowed In Giveaway finally get some snow too?

4 comments:

  1. Oh it looks beautiful even though it gives a lot of work. We have nothing but rain:-(!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one of your other posts with the squirl eating. And its so cool to see him trying again snowed in. I have to say I am having snow envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how dangerous snow storms can be but they sure are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! We have had very little snow up here in Maine. It is very strange to have so little snow. I would be lying if i said that I missed it, especially after seeing your photos. Maybe I should send YOU a snowed in package!!! Happy sewing!! Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...